Thursday, October 19, 2006

This is just a Test

We need to be aware that our culture has a very strong influence on us...it is the air we breathe. We have to constantly make the conscious decision to have our thoughts and actions guided by God's Word and not the surrounding culture.

I will give you a test on this to prove my point.

Before I became a Christian I lived a very wicked...even criminal life.

I have sold drugs, broken into peoples homes and stolen things, mugged people and the ugly list goes on.

But when I get to the place where I tell people I even murdered someone else...they look at me in shock...what is going through their mind is "why is this guy on the outside?"

But then I go on and tell them I actually didn't murder the person...I hired someone else to murder them for me.

Funny, the look on their face doesn't change a whole lot.

Then, I tell them when I was 17 years old I got my girl friend pregnant and we decided to get an abortion.

All of a sudden there is a change in the persons facial features...almost a relief.

There face says something like "Oooohh...so it wasn't like you dragged someone into an alley and shot them" type of murder.

All of a sudden people become "more" understanding...why?

Because our culture has accepted abortion...they really don't view it as murder.

But it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mirandyn S. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Mirandyn S. said...

I know someone close to me who had an abortion, and I said to her, what I will say to you... Do not continue to beat yourself up over it... what was done, was done, and the Lord forgives. ***You did what you thought was best at the time, with the limited info. that you had.*** You did NOT know entirely what you were doing. I think you should set aside your nightmares, and your un-rest over this - you were very young, and didn't know what to do with the limited info. that you had at the time. Forgive youself and your girlfriend, too.
God did. :) Peace.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Dale Callahan said...

Thank you Erin, I know that the Lord has graciously forgiven me. I find that writing helps me express my heart and it also hopefully can help others make the right choices in life. I have four wonderful children whom I love dearly. God is so good. Thanks for leaving your comments.

I have been happily married for 12 years...my highschool girl friend was the one who had the abortion [as I am sure you figured out]. I had a chance a few years ago to contact her and ask her forgiveness, I also shared God's love and forgiveness with her.
Thanks again Erin.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home