Friday, November 04, 2005

Peace, Peace...

As I was praying for our nation this morning I had a very unsettling thought or picture that went through my head. I saw our country, all fat and lazy with all of our luxeries and wealth. We see the enonomy doing well [in Alberta] and think that it could be no different. And then I saw the Babylonians come to "fatsville". All of our wealth and luxeries would end in a moment if a war-like culture were to come and attack us, full scale. When we look at history we see that is has happened often.

What would we do? Would we fight for our freedom?

Or would we be like many Romans when the Barbarian hordes overcame them?

Too busy, watching T.V or sitting before the X-Box or any one of another million forms of entertainment that we consume our lives with, to even be "remotely" concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home