Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Mission

Isn't it amazing how patient the Lord is with us?

Could you imagine if God showed you all your faults in a moment...we would dissolve.

Instead God works with us over our whole life time...lovingly showing us where we err...and graciously shaping us and molding us more and more like Jesus.

In this last year I find myself being challenged more and more on what is the churches mission.

As I am being challenged I feel a holy discontent in my heart...we need to learn to become more like our God.

I can remember reading Calvin's Institutes and Calvin said that God lisps to us...He speaks down to us like a nursemaid does to a little child.

How often do we try and make the little childs in our life become fully mature adults before we allow them to fellowship with us.

Over the years I find that I have grown very comfortable in talking systematic theology and other forms of Christian study...and yet in the area of having a heart of compassion for the lost I fail miserably.

Lord, give us vision on how we can love our city, reach out to the unlovely, speak to them in their language...not that we can become like them...but instead so that they can become like Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home