Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Day in the Life of Mr. Unbeliever

After listening to my Christian friend share about the love of God and the forgiveness of sins that is in Jesus Christ, I sat there for a second thinking up a nice way of expressing my thoughts.

"I don't want to hurt your feelings Wayne, but I have always viewed Christianity as a crutch for weak people to use to get through life." I announced.

As Wayne opened his mouth to respond, I quickly looked at my watch and told him that I had to go and get some errands done.

I turned from Wayne and headed towards my car. I didn't lie, I did have many things to do.

As I sat behind the steering wheel of my car I pulled out my "to do list".

I had many things "to do" so I quickly scanned over my planned schedule.

To Do List

11 a.m.--Psychiatrist appointment

- refill prescription [sleeping pills, pills for depression]

- Go to book store and pick up new book [How to overcome fear and anxiety with positive thinking].

2 p.m.--Go to alcohol and drug dependancy group.

4 p.m.--Appointment with personal trainer at the gym.

8 p.m.-Go to the bar for some drinks with the guys

11 p.m.--Meet "you know who" and pick up "the stuff" for the party tonight.

I folded up the paper,put it into my pocket, and started the car.

As I pulled out of the parking lot I saw Wayne getting into his car.

"Poor guy", I thought to myself.

I am so glad that I don't need "religion" as a crutch to help me through life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home