Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pass The Hair Spray

Some people's view of Jesus is just not biblical.

Jesus the long feather haired, tea sipper.

Jesus had a soft voice and always spoke in gentle tones...like a woman.

He was always nice...never wanted to stir the waters.

In todays world where men try to be like women its no wonder we want a feminine Jesus.

Just try and imagine Jesus waking up one morning...feathering back his long hair...holding it in place with his new 'firm' hair spray, plucking his eye brows, waxing his chest, putting a little chap stick on his lips [that Palestine sun can be murder], a little hand softening lotion on his sun weathered hands. Then picking up his pink feather duster.

"where are you off to Jesus?", we ask

"I am going to cleanse to the temple...I'll begin with dusting", he softly replies.

Makes you cringe doesn't it.

Jesus was a man! He was tough, He was courageous. Where does it say he had long hair? He was a carpenter...he was strong, rugged. He is the greatest hero of all history, the greatest warrior of all time!

Jesus stood against the world, for the world, and overcame the world!

He spoke gentle words when they were needed and He spoke strong words when they were needed.
He wasn't afraid of confrontation.
Jesus didn't bend the knee to the status quo, IF, the status quo went against the Word of God.

And as for the feather duster?

Hah!

Imagine what many Christians would say of Jesus if they saw Him with His whip in the temple, driving out all things that were unclean [that everyone else thought were acceptable].

That Jesus needs to get right with God, He needs to act a little more like a Christian...but what they really mean is that Jesus needs to act more like them...more like a girly.

Jesus, the man, fixed His eye on the cross and did not let the pains of death and hell fire deter Him.

Jesus was no whimp!

He was no girly-man.

Jesus was the ultimate man, the ultimate hero!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mirandyn S. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Mirandyn S. said...

Dale, you are a *very* talented writer! You write with great feeling, and there is such depth to your writings. [I think that you should pursue your writing through other outlets, as well. :)] I came across this website through your Church website that was posted in the Daily Herald Tribune, and thought to myself, 'What a small world!', when I noted your picture. I recognized you - you are our Canada Post parcel carrier who had to maneuver along the rough, wicked, icy, snowy roads of Grande Prairie in the winter time. :) Thanks for all of the deliveries you made to us with a heartfelt smile. [The Lord only knows what a tough job you have!!] But Spring is around the corner, yes it really is! {March comes in like a Lion and out like a Lamb!} Dale, please go back to 2 other postings you made - one was titled, "Fruit inspection" and the other one was titled, "Just a test"... I have made a comment on each of those. I hope you don't mind my commenting on those posts. [You will know who I am when I tell you that I was 'in your corner' when I thanked Canada Post for the excellent delivery service that they provided the city of Grande Prairie with, all along the treacherous, icy roads. ;)] Take care, *keep writing*, and God Bless!!
Erin
P.S. I deleted my last comment as it showed a different user name for me that I do not use anymore. [I copied and pasted the same comment under my current user name.]

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home