Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Good Night

We had a good night last night at the Young Offender center. We are going through the book of Luke, last night we went through chapter 16. When we present the gospel we always want to encourage the young men to respond. Last night we had six of the young men respond to the gospel.

I never want to put unnecessary obstacles in front of those seeking Jesus...but at the same time I don't want people to think that Jesus is merely their "fire insurance" to protect them from hell. Once they receive their "fire insurance" they can fold it up, put it in their pocket, and forget about it.

The Bible doesn't speak about asking Jesus into your heart...nor do we see the "sinners prayer".

I do lead the young men in a prayer to God, but I strongly teach them that this is NOT a one time event.

I know that in the systematic theologies, justification IS a one time thing. A person trusts in Jesus and their sins are forgiven.

But the Bible doesn't separate justification and sanctification. The Bible no where teaches that a person is justified before God without their also being a change of heart and life.

When God changes the sinner's heart to trust in Jesus...that same changed heart begins to cling to Jesus and submit to Jesus...day by day...as weak and stumbling as that is at times.

Salvation comes through faith in Jesus Christ, salvation is a relationship with Jesus Christ.

He is Lord, they are His subjects...they are to trust Him and love Him all their lives.

God receives sinners...Praise His holy Name!

Praise God for lovingkindness!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Sheppard said...

Great insight my man! Very very solid stuff! Please pray for me, I am relauching our youth ministries tonight with a really cool and down to earth couple that are volunteerign to do the Junior High group. I pray the Lord will bless this restart to push our youth and the youth leaders to be evangelists through disciplship not programming.

Thanks for your wise words on here. I don't get on as much as I should but I value your comments.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Dale Callahan said...

Hi Aaron,

Praise the Lord bro, I will be praying for you in this new ministry...may the Lord continue to use to reach many people for the Lord Jesus.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home