Saturday, August 11, 2007

Comfortably Numb

Pink Floyd sings about being Comfortably Numb...

Do you ever feel it?

Just enough comfort to keep you where you are at.

We live in a world that is governed by the Lord...not us.

When we try and reason things out according to our thinking, instead of His revelation, then things either go really wonky [fall apart]...or we slip into becoming "comfortably numb".

Jesus said that he who tries to save his life will lose it...but he who loses his life, for Jesus sake, will gain it.

Jesus is winking His eye and giving us the old "psssst... things aren't always what they seem."

The minister who reasons I must provide for my wife and family...therefore I must not rock the boat...I must not seek the truth wherever God leads...especially if it leads me away from the denominations beliefs...and away from the paycheck.

Dude! It would be better for you to walk away from the salary...away from the cushy pension, and seek, preach, and practice the truth!

But what about my security...my families security?

You fighting against the Lord, following the traditions of men, instead of the revealed truth of God's word will not give you true security...only shifting sand security.

Security that may seem solid today...but when God brings His judgment...it is a sad foundation indeed.

Young men need to follow the truth of God's word and not be brought into bondage because of their so-called "livlihood".

A livlihood that ignores or runs contrary to God's word is an illusion...God is life, His word is life...when you ignore or run from His word it is not "live [ly] or life [ly] hood...it ends in death.

The minister in his denomination or young man in his vocation reasons with himself "I have put in so many years in where I am...if I left now, because of my convictions, then how would I ever come back from a set back like that?"

Faith in the Lord!

The God who owns the cattle of a thousand hills calls you to be faithful to Him!

I ask this question.

Would you rather be a poor free man, or a wealthy, comfortable [ly numb] slave?

Great men in history have answered this question...not with their lips...but with their blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home