Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Judas...the weasel

In my last blog I made the comment that none of the disciples guessed that Judas was the betrayer. I used the word "weasel" and put it into the mouths of the disciples. None of them said I bet its that weasel Judas.

We live in a society of ultra-tolerance. I guess I should feel ashamed that I used a word like weasel to explain Judas. Someone who is a weasel would be someone who is sneaky, crafty, tricky, hard to catch. Ya know, like someone who would steal from the churches collection bag [oopps, like Judas did]. Someone who would sell out a friend who never, ever did him any wrong, and then go eat with Him. Someone who would lead a mob of armed thugs to capture this friend and then try and hide it with a sign of affection.

I cannot be sorry for saying that Judas was a weasel...because he was.

God says he was the son of perdition, a thief, and that it was better if he was never born.

God shows Judas character right at the very beginning of the story. When you read through the list of disciples Judas is described as "the betrayer".

God doesn't want you to be the judge on this man's character..God is telling us that this guy is no good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home