Saturday, March 24, 2007

In or On?

I heard a man speak this week and one of the things he said was some real food for thought.

Don't just read the following saying and then move on. Take time and meditate on it. Chew on its truth and begin to apply it to your life.

"We sometimes get so busy working "in" our lives that we never take the time to work "on" our lives. We are so busy doing the things in our lives that we never take time to stop and ask ourselves if these things are profitable for Christ's kingdom."

May we take some time and work "on" our lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hi Dale,
Your comment about choosing to work "on" your life rather than simply stand as a slave working "in" your life really hit home for me. I notice with myself that it's all too easy to become wrapped up in getting things done rather than taking the time to be mindful and aware of why it is that you choose to do something in the first place! One can be continuously active and working in their life yet they become like a hampster running on a wheel...working excessively yet going nowhere. We all need reminders from time to time that allow us to reflect on our own lives and become more aware of how we want to lead our lives. Thank you for that, and I will continue to challenge myself to lead a life of integrity and value.

Love,
Amy

Give everyone a hug for me!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Dale Callahan said...

Thanks for commenting Amy, I will give everyone a hug for you. Love ya.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home