Friday, August 31, 2007

My Boy

Dad's need to come to an understanding...

the understanding of how much weight they hold in their sons eyes.

Unfortunately, we are always too busy to notice...because we are doing something important.

Hmmm...aren't our children important.

Yesterday, Dave asks..."can I go to Morgan and Mason's to play" [next door neighbors].

My response... "why don't you and I go to the park and play baseball?"

Eyes light up...huge smile... "Let's go"

As we walk to the part we talk on many different things...its great!

At the park we play catch and do a little batting practice...its great!

And on the way home we take turns praying for each other and other people as well...its great!

Thank you Lord for giving me my children...give me Your heart...that I may rightly invest in their lives and truly build their future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, I think one of the greatest things in life is to be a real-life hero to your kids. I can see that you are that to your kids and what better gift to give someone than your very own time! Love you Dale!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Dale Callahan said...

Isn't it funny how we talk about "finding" time to do things...and yet we "make" time for the things that make our top 10 list.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home