Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eighth Grade Troubles

I was thinking about a guy in my grade eight homeroom class this morning.

I awoke with him on my brain...a troubled dude indeed.

Everyday he would wander into class smelling of booze...drinking again...

At one of our school's dances he came totally hammered! When the teacher at the door wouldn't let him in he snuck around to the back door of the gymnasium...and pounded to get in. When doors finally opened, he crawled in on his hands and knees...only to bump into the legs of the teacher who had not let him in the front doors. At this time the boy shouted and screamed obscenities at the teacher...was kicked out again...and was suspended from school for a time...

Someone in our homeroom class put an A.A pamphlet in his desk...everyone hoped that he would go and get help for his problem...

As the years went on...his drinking continued...fighting continued...troubles escalated...

What ever happened to this troubled young man...well...I have to go shave his face...it has gotten much older now...

Many people may have given up on me...but Jesus didn't...He didn't look at me for who I was in my sinful problems...He looked at me for who I was going to be...He looked at me for the person His love would make me into...

So when I go to preach today...I always have a worthy message at hand...I have a message worthy of all acceptance...that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners...of whom I am chief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home