Friday, December 12, 2008

Treasures For The King [Part 3]

Immediately upon entering the cave I began to plunge into its depths. Surrounded in a darkness that was so complete, so hungry that I could actually feel it groping at me, trying to seek out any tidbit of light it could get its teeth in to, in order to consume and devour it into its black pit of despair. I slapped my hands at the darkness like a helpless child, trying to knock it away, but it resisted all my defenses and continued to tighten around me like a vice.

I wasn‘t merely falling, I was tumbling, spinning, flailing as I descended down the depths of this enormous monster‘s throat. My arms desperately swung around me, seeking something to grab on to, something to stop me falling, but nothing was there. As I spun end over end, faster and faster, my mind began to scream in confusion, my stomach lurched unendingly, promising to expel all of its contents but never being true to its word. Every fiber of my being began to feverishly cry out for the descent into confusion to end, begged and pleaded to meet the inevitable bottom of this horrible pit, but it didn’t come. The constant high pitched siren that echoed off the invisible walls of this horrible bottomless chamber, was my own voice screeching as I plunged into ceaseless destruction. In the crushing blackness, with no markers of space, distance or time, with pain consuming my thoughts, gnawing on every nerve fiber with an insatiable appetite, I fell. Whether I suffered for a millennia, ten millennia, or twenty minutes I did not know. All standards to gauge such things had been banished from this black hole. The ever allusive bottom of the pit beckoned me to it with horrifying tones of eternity in its voice.

Without warning, a noise with the force of a thousand water falls, exploded into the blackness of the cave. A voice with such power as to make the walls shake, the ground quake. This voice stopped my descent with such rapidity that I actually thought I had hit the caves bottom. In a blink of an eye, my body was instantaneously catapulted in the opposite direction, hurling up the cave with such speed as to make my head swim. At this very same instant the darkness of the cave folded in on itself, vanishing completely. Left in its place was a light so brilliant, so dazzling, that it pierced my eyes with burning intensity. I was blinded by the light, racing towards the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home