Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things that make your brain go...aeeawwkkk

I have asked people why they don't believe in predestination...when the Bible says that God predestines...

I have heard some say...that God didn't create robots...and that you can't have a real relationship unless you are given the choice to love...or not to love...

Now, please hear me clearly...I believe in God's predestination...and I believe that man is not a robot...or puppet.

God is greater then us...He can do what we cannot...He can predestine our choices...and do so in such a way that they are freely ours to make...

...some will say..."but how?"

short answer..."Don't know"

But here is something to mull over...meditate on...

God is Triune...God has existed for all eternity, unchanging, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...right?

God never had a beginning...right? Always existed...right?...and unchanging...right?

Was there ever a time where the Father decided to love the Son, and the Son the Father?...or have they always loved each other...they can't remember a time when they didn't [sort of sounds like young children born into Christian homes...a good argument for infant baptism too].

I believe that we are to love God...but I believe the only reason why anyone will love God...is that God first loved them...God gives them spiritual resurrection...and with their new heart they choose God, they love God, they trust God.

Our choice is NOT the primary thing...its Jesus' choice that counts from eternity!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always felt similar about 'free will.' (I remember in Jr. High, there was a huge debate in class about it at our Catholic school.) Some people make it seem like it is cut and dried - one or the other - yes or no! But...

You stated...
"God is greater then us...He can do what we cannot...He can predestine our choices...and do so in such a way that they are freely ours to make.

...some will say..."but how?"

short answer..."Don't know"

Yes, for sure, I agree with you... you're right, we don't know how God can allow us free will - but somehow - in the end - I believe that God knows and completely understands the choices we will make in life. Yes, I think we do have a choice. Free will. But in the end, I feel that God already understands and knows what our choice will be. [After all, who knows a child better than a Father(parent)?]

Only God does.

Free will it is, but how nice it is to know someone in Higher Power *is* looking after our every need in life.

Just today, my son and I sat down and prayed together. We haven't done so in a long time. He had been having a very difficult day. Later, and very unexpectedly, this afternoon [in the form of a medical Dr.] came help in a non-traditional sense. It was through my own Dr.'s appt. that my son had received extra help. (I had a Dr.'s appt. and because she cared enough to ask about my son, who was having troubles with his anxiety, she quickly stepped in, like an Angel, to offer him some immediate help. Unexpected and non-medicinal variety, too.) I later asked my son if he felt that had been God's way of answering our prayers today, and he also thinks that it was. :) My son asked me today how I knew God exists and if it was a sin to wonder if He does exist, or not... I replied that it is natural for people to wonder about it, but asked him this: "Did you feel His presence?" He knew that he and I both had felt God's presence during and after our prayers, and said so. I spoke of how some people say that "You can't prove that God is really HERE." I told him that it is true, we can't prove it in a scientific sense, but that if we could feel HIM - in our hearts and souls... and that we had felt God's presence in our hearts during/after we had prayed... that there was no way to deny that He does indeed exist. (For myself, simply giving birth to my children was proof enough. I remember the moment my son came into the world, and then I just KNEW that God was there. I had always hoped, had sometimes wondered, had often felt Him, but had never KNOWN until I looked my son in the face for the first time.)

The funny thing was, I was talking to my sister about our prayers today, and she told me that had been thinking that she'd been too far from prayer lately - and that when she prayed, although she didn't know for sure if someone (or who) was listening, that indeed, she knew it made her feel better, and closer to God, when she did pray.

The 'odd' thing is - this Dr. is not my usual Dr. - she had no history on my son as she is not our family physician. Because I needed to see a Dr., she was available through my own Dr.'s clinic, and having had a not-so-thorough experience the day before at the ER for myself, I had booked in with her. Interestingly enough, it was in passing, as I was leaving, that I commented to her about my son. She questioned me about how he was doing, and then offered us some extra and immediate help.
Did she have free will? Yes, I believe she did - but somehow, God knew she would find us today- and ask me questions that would enable her to help her to treat my son. Whether she knew it or not, God had worked through her, but had still given her Free Will.

We had been through every last avenue with our son lately, or so it seemed, but somehow, God knew. He knew exactly when to step in, and it was just like when my son and I talked today about how God will never, ever give us more than we can handle.

God answered all of our prayers. Thank goodness for Free will. Predestination. God knows exactly what He's doing. :)

Excellent writings, once more, Dale. You have such a gift with words. Timing couldn't have been better for us. Thank you.

P.S., Dale, we did watch "Fireproof" (movie), and we both really enjoyed it. *Thanks* for the recommendation, it was terrific!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home